• HVDC systems are usually installed in three different configurations; namely: asymmetric monopole, bipole, and symmetric monopole.
• As far as the technological split in the regions are concerned, LCC technology has dominated all the regions with the exception of EMEA that too from 2010 onwards till 2020 where VSC technology gained traction.
• According to PTR study, HVDC transmission capacity in the EMEA, Americas, China, and Rest of APAC regions will expand to roughly 92 GW, 62 GW, 40 GW, and 37 GW, respectively, during the next ten to fifteen years.
• The VSC technology is expected to grow more in Europe and Americas regions where as the LCC technology will be used still in the Asia and few parts of Americas for long, high power and voltage rating transmission projects.
High Voltage Direct Current Service Overview
The research presented in this article is from PTR's High Voltage Direct Current service. For information about this service please submit a request shown below.
GCC/Rest of APAC
The themes at this year’s UN Conference of Parties- COP28- range all the way from Accountability to Urbanization and Built Environment. The agenda...
From flash flooding to heat waves, each progressing year is a reminder that climate change is no longer a threat that looms on the horizon, but...
• Europe is pushing to become the world’s very first climate-neutral continent by 2050, which is in line with the international commitments made by...